Top 10 clues that writing may not be your forte:
10. Your mother says it stinks.
9. Your crit partners all change their e-mail addresses.
8. You think Webster’s is a funny little kid on a bad 80's sitcom.
7. Grisham sues for putting a link to his website on your blog.
6. Your laser printer groans.
5. Editors ask what grade you’re in.
4. Your trash company adds a surcharge to your bill for the rejection slips.
3. People kept handing you their dirty dinner dishes at your last writer’s conference.
2. Your postal carrier tells you that your return address labels lack “narrative drive.”
And the #1 clue that writing may not be your forte:
1. All your protagonists commit suicide before the end of the prologue.