Thursday, August 24, 2006

Friday Top 10

Top 10 Excuses to give your spouse for not getting the “to-do” list “to-done”…

10. The Bible says “from dust we came, to dust we must return.”

9. Without suffering, there can be no art.

8. Our setting is not messy! Our setting has character!

7. I have a bad case of lawn mower’s block.

6. To you it is disorganized junk, to the learned it is literary debris!

5. When my best-seller is published, we’ll get a maid.

4. This house is a WIP. Do not critique!

3. My protag is a slob; this is part of my character development.

2. I’m saving money. Pizza boxes double as transcript mailers.

And the number one excuse to give your spouse for not getting the “to-do” list “to-done”…

1. Maas never said anything about laundry!

Thanks to Linda Fulkerson for this weeks Top 10 topic! If you have an idea for a Top 10 list, drop me an e-mail at rmestrada@ameritech.net and let’s see if I’m up to the challenge!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're awesome! Thanks for giving me some new exuses to write instead of cleaning house. (The old ones were becoming clichéd, and you know we writers have to avoid clichés like the plague.)I especially like 3 & 4.

Heather said...

Hey, nothing wrong with our house. Just because we have nothing to wear (and a laundry pile threatening to erupt Mt. St. Helen style), nothing to eat, and can't find the kids underneath the piles (oh, wait, we don't have kids) does NOT mean that I'm a neglectful housekeeper.

Georgiana Daniels said...

Yeah, I need to print this off and show to my hubby!

Tricia Goyer said...

This is great! How about:

Leaping over piles of books and stacks of paper on the floor is my new excerise routine!

Edgy Inspirational Author said...

Hilarious! I'm telling you that you need to compile these suckers and do a proposal for a nonfiction book to encourage writers! There are at least 1,000 guaranteed sales on the loop alone. :)

Gina Conroy said...

I gotta agree with #4! Funny stuff!

Camy Tang said...

ROFL!!! Brilliant! Won't work in my house, though.

Camy