Top 10 Worst things that can happen at the AFCW conference…
10. You discover your roommate can’t travel anywhere without her pet python.
9. Your roommate steals your best manuscript.
8. She still gets rejected by every editor in the joint.
7. Your room is beneath a junior high girl’s volleyball team (I speak from experience).
6. You complain to the editor at your table about the person in room 221 who snores like “a grizzly after a full salmon dinner” and guess what…
5. You discover you’ve misspelled the title of your book on all your one-pagers (sorry, pal).
4. The editor you’re interviewing with turns out to be the geeky guy you dumped in high school.
3. After a dinner of baked beans, steak, and potatoes you hop on an excessively slow elevator with a dozen editors and agents.
2. You, the keynote speaker, take a restroom break only to discover you’ve left your microphone turned on.
And the number 1 worst thing that can happen at the AFCW conference…
1. You gush all over Colleen Coble and tell her how much you just loved “Eyes of Elisha.”
There ya go, Dineen. You’ll get two Top 10 lists out of me this week. No extra charge.