Top 10 New Year's Resolutions for the Writer in YOU!
10. Admit that deep fried Snickers bars do not inspire creativity.
9. Ignore e-mail messages from mysterious agents with e-mail addys like firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Accept all criticism graciously.
7. Understand that all criticism isn't right.
6. If your mother says it's good, be grateful. Every little bit helps.
5. Blog reading/writing does not count as part of your writing time.
4. If it's bad through chapter 5, it's bad. Start over. Or make chapter 6 the first chapter.
3. Pick one or two conferences. After a point, it's just a party.
2. Never let your characters write your novel, unless one of them is John Updike.
And the number 1 New Year's Resolution for the Writer in YOU!
1. Learn a writing rule, then learn how to break it.