Top 10 of my Favorite Things about Christmas...
10. It's acceptable to have glass bowls full of chocolate scattered throughout the house.
9. The unspoken joy of exterior illumination.
8. The TBS 24-hour A Christmas Story marathon.
7. My bright red Grinch jammies (okay, I wear 'em from October through April).
6. It's becoming rebelious and cool to say "Merry Christmas."
5. I get to wear both of my Grinch ties to church (see a theme here?).
4. Laughing at the people on the news who actually stand in a two-day line to buy something they can get at half the price in another month.
3. Knowing that I'm raising my kids with better values than someone who would stand in a two-day line to buy something they can get at half the price in another month.
2. Having my 11 year-old son explain to me the significance of the lion's sacrifice in Narnia.
And my number one favorite thing about Christmas...
1. After 40 years, the single most memorable moment in Christmas television history is that of a six year old cartoon boy quoting King James scripture.
And all of God's children said...