Friday, April 04, 2008

Passion

I'm reading a book now that makes referrence to a Zig Ziglar book, in which Zig defines for us why most people are not happy in their pursuits. There's more to it, but essentially, few of us pursue what it is we are most passionate about.

I'll take it a step further and suggest that we don't even have to get paid to pursue what it is we are most passionate about, as is often the case with budding writers. The mere act of doing what we love will make the "unpleasant" tasks of our day pallatable, even enjoyable.

This is especially true for those of us who love our Lord Jesus Christ. Our passion to serve Him in every aspect of our lives makes anything unpleasant seem almost trivial. I mean really, in the light of spending eternity in the presence of His glory, does much that happens on Earth really matter at all? I've made the statement before and I'll do it again: I'd rather live in a cardboard box knowing Jesus is my savior than in a mansion with all the wealth I can imagine.

Once I start to let go of that passion, the daily search for His truth, I get overwhelmed by the worries of the world and my own sinful nature. But the moment I take up my cross and dive head first into the depths of His word, the weight of the cross suddenly feels like air compared to the weight of the world.

Let His passion be your passion. Why worry?

No comments: