Every year between Christmas and New Year's I make great plans on what to do with my week off. It's one of the few gifts I get from working in the auto industry. This year I had intended on wrapping up Soul Searcher and getting started on my next novel, Third Kiss. Instead, I end up with a sinus infection and a constant headache that won't allow me to even look at a printed page.
Regardless (or Irregardless, just to annoy my wife), I am trying to make good use of my time. I have managed to get some crits done and edit some of Soul Searcher. I'm to the end on that one. I've also taken advantage of my spare time and perrused my new copy of Jeff Herman's Guide to Book Publishers, Editors, & Literary Agents. The Agents being at the center of my interest. By the end of January, I should have queried a few agents. I think that's an achievable goal. Which brings us to other achievable goals. Here they are for 2006:
1. Complete Third Kiss by September (ACFW Conference).
2. Submit Soul Searcher to agents until I go through the list or I land one.
3. Read at least 24 novels (not inlcuding books on CD).
4. Finish my MBA (I'll be done in the Spring!)
5. Get a contact at the Oxford Police Department for research.
6. Write in my notebook at least one page per day.
So, there they are. Now I must tag my friends. Robin, Ronie, Dineen, Gina, Camy, and Heather, let's see 'em. What do you want to accomplish in '06?