Friday, November 17, 2006

Friday Top 10

Top 10 Ways to get kicked out of your critique group…

10. Insert the little vomiting Pac-Man icon in various places throughout their manuscripts.

9. Post their work on your blog and ask for charitable donations to the writer.

8. Reply to them with “Does your mommy have anything to send now?”

7. Highlight their entire manuscript and write “Fix This!”

6. Send your work with a note that says “No need to critique--for your enjoyment and education!”

5. Charge a reading fee.

4. Let them know you’ve checked the donor box marked “Talent” on the back of your driver’s license.

3. Send them the link to Monster.com.

2. Go to chapter 36 of their manuscripts and write “The story begins here!”

And the number one way to get kicked out of your critique group…

1. Autograph your submissions.

Best Wishes...Ron

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmmm, I believe I've received a #6 from you, bud! LOL

Gina Conroy said...

I have to say I've been guilty of a few of those. BTW, when are you going to come over and join our cozy little group at Writer...Interrupted?

Ronie Kendig said...

Dude - You have entirely too much time on your hands since you graduated. :-D

I'm with Robin on #6. :-D Of course, I think I've done that, too. :-D

Dineen A. Miller said...

Hey, I like #5. Works for me. LOLOLOLOL!

Edgy Inspirational Author said...

I totally love your lists! I'm telling you that you need to self-pub a book of lists and sell them at conference. They'd be a hit for sure. Hey, I also like your ACFW link. I think I'll try and add one to my blog. :)