Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Summer's Gone

There's something about the last day of summer that makes me want to hurry up and go see a Tiger's game, take my kids fishing, go on one more camping trip, and take a nap in the middle of the front lawn...all before midnight. Fall is my favorite season, and Michigan does it well. But I'm always a little remourseful about another summer slipped past, wondering if I did enough so that my kids will, at least, have one memory from it that will creep into their minds every so often for the rest of their lives.

Okay, enough of that. Now that the weather will get colder and I'm taking this semester off from school (MBA), I should get a lot written. I'm editing Soul Searcher like mad. My goal--here it is, publicly stated--is to have Soul Searcher ready for submission by the end of the year, then have the next novel, Third Kiss, ready by the next ACFW conference.

My crit partners--Dineen, Robin, and Ronie, will keep me on track. They have zero tolerance for laziness. My laziness, anyway. My wife, Kelly, will also shove me when necessary, and also tell me when I'm ignoring my family. Gina, I'll let you have Buffy the Vampire. Make sure she keeps a pint of O negative in her Ali Bag.

No comments: