Thursday, March 31, 2005

A small thing

I submitted the prologue and chapter 1 of Soul Searcher to the "Noble Theme" contest at ACFW. It's not a big thing, really, but I need to get some sort of feedback. I also told my wife to go ahead and start reading it. It's only been on the hard drive for five or six years. I'm a little hesitant.

I edited through chapter six last night. You know, it's really good. Is it okay to say that out loud? I'm a good writer! There, from the mountain tops even. I still seem a little tightly wound in the beginning chapters. Kind of like a horse who isn't sure what to do once the gate is opened. I really loosen up as I get going, though. I hope some editor agrees.

Just in case somebody besided me decides to read these (can't imagine why), I'm obviously not a professional writer (yet). I'm an engineer in a Visteon axle plant. Doesn't get much more bland than that. You'll never see a TV drama series about an engineer who saves the world each Tuesday night by changing an axle shaft machining process.

No comments: