Wednesday, March 30, 2005

March 30th, 2005

Probably my misspelling of the word "Fiction" is not a good way to re-launch my writing career. We'll just assume that's not a bad omen. I've been going over and editing Soul Searcher. You know, it's really not bad. I think I need another plot twist, though. It still seems like the work of a beginner. I guess it is.

It's funny, though. For the last year and a half that I haven't been writing, I've felt so depressed. Maybe that's too strong a word, but I have felt unfulfilled at the least. Now I feel alive again. I love writing, even if no one ever sees it but me. I've adopted Brandilyn Collins as my silent mentor. I warned her via e-mail even. Her genre matches mine, though her style is completely different. Her blog is inspiring. What a struggle for her to get published.

At least I'm making a good living while working on my novel. I'm not desperate. Maybe it would be better if I was. My wife would surely disagree.

No comments: