Friday, May 12, 2006

Spring?

I'm really slipping. A month since my last post. I can blame it partially on my ailing back, which keeps me from sitting. I've decided that I severely strained a muscle in my lower back, thus the amazingly slow healing time. X-rays showed no spine problems. The problem is, I start feeling better and go out for a tumble in the backyard with my kids. The next day I'm right back where I started from. I feel good now. Sitting as I type this. You learn to appreciate little things like sitting down when it hurts to do so.

Okay, onto other things. We had turkey camp two weekends ago. This time, my young 'uns went along. They were good for about half an hour of turkey hunting. They found the box of .22 bullets and my old single shot much more entertaining. I see a firearm safety course in their near future, though.

I'll tell more on the great turkey shoot later. No, we didn't get a bird. But it was a great weekend and possibly the last I'll spend with my dad, who is retiring and hitting the open road with my mother. More on that later as well.

Okay, off to the catfish tournament with my son! It's cold and wet. Pray for us!

1 comment:

Dineen A. Miller said...

Hi guy! Glad to see you're up and writing a bit! Hope you stayed warm and caught some fish. Did you eat them? (yuck...)